Here is an insight into some of the activities I have personally been involved in over the first half of the year.
- SpiritualGarden – We finished the first stage of the Spiritual Garden just in time for the SIAMS inspection. This was only possible due to the commitment from our parents and staff who gave their time to create such a great reflective space for the children, families and hopefully the whole community.In the spring, we will be inviting parents to join us again to improve on the space and to aid us in maintaining the garden. The school council are also getting involved in the next stage of planning with one of the ideas being a covered seating area.
- School Mentor – The school takes the needs of the whole child very seriously and we all know that a happy, settled child will make a successful learner, so with that in mind, St Matthew’s now has a school mentor. She is available to the children whenever the need arises. There are lunchtime drop in sessions and planned one to one sessions to provide the children with a sympathetic ear. (We all need one of those at times!)
- The Den – Building on the school’s ethos of supporting the whole child, the creation of The Den has given us a special space to help a specific group of children who may need to work on areas of their social and emotional wellbeing. Children are chosen to attend three afternoons a week and learn all about building their confidence, resilience and self-esteem so they can work in a team, build trusting relationships, cope with stressful situations and have lots of fun in learning many other new skills.
- Family Support Worker – As many of you may know, I have now moved out of the classroom with my role of TA and am now the new Family Support Worker in School. I am truly enjoying this new role and my door is always open for a chat and a cuppa, all morning 9-12.30 and after 3pm, Tuesday to Friday. My role is to support the whole family, so if you need to share a worry or concern, I’m here for you all and will help to try to find a solution. Alternatively you can email me directly on email@example.com or call 01453 764705
- Triple P Parenting Course – we have successfully completed our second course this January with an amazing group of willing parents. We have had lots of laughs and made some lovely new friends while realising that we all have similar struggles bringing up our children.
Thanks for visiting my page, I will try to keep you posted on upcoming events that I am involved in and hope to catch up with you all sometime.